The Beginner's Guide to Cock Rings
In the increasingly complex and varied world of sex toys in general, few are as misunderstood as cock rings. To a certain extent, this is due to the strange phenomenon of male shyness when it comes to any sort of sexual subject. Men always try to present themselves as worldly and knowledgeable, it seems, and so are reluctant to ever admit any sort of ignorance of any sexually-related subject. At the same time, most men are incredibly paranoid about their delicate and fragile sexual equipment, to the point where the surest way to freak out any group of men is to suggest they might suffer some sort of penis- or scrotum-related accident.
For men who are brave enough to admit a little curiosity about the most misunderstood sexual aid in history, cock rings, here is a quick and not-so dirty guide.
Cock Rings 101
The basic function of a cock ring is to restrict the flow of blood out of the penis. This can extend erections and make the penis more sensitive, resulting in a more intense sexual experience and, with some men, more intense orgasms. The ring fits snugly over the penis and scrotum, but the word of the day here is 'gently.' A cock ring should not be uncomfortable or painful in any way.
A few points for the first-time user:
* Trim pubic hair, which can get caught as you slide the ring on.
* Use lubricant to make getting the ring on a pleasant and easy experience.
* It's usually safe to wear cock rings for somewhere between 20-30 minutes. However, if you experience any sort of discomfort your should remove it immediately.
Selecting a Ring
Choosing a cock ring isn't complicated, but there are a few things to consider:
* For first-timers, an adjustable plastic ring is best, as it is easy to get on and off and lets you experiment a bit to find your comfort zone.
* Solid cock rings have to be put on when the penis is semi-erect and cannot be taken off easily during sex.
* Vibrating rings offer a little extra something for both you and your partner!
The venerable cock ring has been around for a very long time - and many men are only now waking up to the fact. Like any other sexual aid, everyone's mileage with a cock ring will vary depending on their preferences and physicality.